1 and a half cups all-purpose flour
half cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup oil
half a cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup of caramel ( 1 cup of melted sugar with a tablespoon of butter)
3 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
3. Immediately pour the caramel mixture into a round baking pan.
5. Layer the apples in a circular pattern with each one overlapping the other. Repeat until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
6. Pour the cake batter on top of the apples and spread the batter evenly on top.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, then cool until bottom is slightly warm.
8. Place a large round plate on top of the cake pan, then flip quickly. Give the cake pan a few pats to make sure the cake is released, then lift off the pan.